Focal 1038be or Revel Ultima Salon 2?

Hi, this is my first post and I am currently looking to upgrade from my Focal 836v speakers. I am running an Anthem p2 connected to a Denon 4810. I amlooking at upgrading the speakers and my components at some point. I am looking currently at Classe, and Anthem, I would like to complete my system with a P5 and D2V but I am willing to go in another direction should my speakers dictate it. I am not buying anytime soon (still saving!) but, any info or thoughts would be great, thanks!

Ac-
128x128new2highend
yes, and pure reference signal in does not mean pure reference signal out. I think the salon 2 sounds good I'm just not a proponent of all metal drivers!
Thanks for the feedback. I run a McIntosh MC275 as stereo amp, providing about 85 Wpc. So would I need two of these ran as monoblocks to make the Salon 2 sing? Conceptually metal drivers + tubes seem appealing. I guess the proof would be in the actual sound. Tough pair to audition, I guess.

Thanks again!
Serious?

Metal cones sound like a good fit with your Mc 275 tubes?

Incorrect in two ways: multi driver loudspeakers are typically more difficult to drive especially for a tube amplifier such as yours and secondly the warm un-fractured sound that your tubes can produce are more realized with nature fiber drivers or at least diaphragms that offer some damping which ultra rigid magnesium diaphragms do not! Get a pair of beautiful Tannoy speakers with warm beautiful bass and excellent coherent sound; now that would be a good match.

The salon2 would be great with pass labs for example IMHO
I own Salon2. Yes it can sound metallic, especially they have metal drivers. But you won't pair it up with bright and lean sounding amps. Salon2 can be very neutral sounding if set up right. Its sound is alive with lightning quick transient response. I still prefer solid state and hybrid (tube/transistor)amps. It is a big challenge with tube amps.
Hmmm I don't know what gear you are using them with but the salons are one of the least colored speakers made. Far less colored than any paper coned speaker out there. They can sound very full and rich with no listening fatigue at all