dcs debussy

some news?
there are some pictures from vegas.. but no info's on the homepage.
I am wondering about 24/192 compatibility and usb input..
alexismaster
Best / most complete description of Debussy I have found appears on the site of what may be Polish distributor for DCS:
http://audiofast.pl/main.asp?IDM=1&ids=129&idsu=1017&r=0&wersja=1
On other sites I have seen a US manufacturer suggest price of $10,000. Looks like a very intriguing device. G.
I see that dCS is still rather annoying and inconvenient at best as far as using it with computer server.
To be able to play everything from 16/44 up to 24/192, you would still need to sets of input from computer, USB for anything upto 24/96 and dual XLR for anything above (via Lynx card or Weiss firewire-AES/EBU or something similar. If I read the polish site accurately. Too bad they get rid off iLink/firewire port otherwise, with proper driver, they would only require one firewire connection from computer to DAC for everything. I also wish that they would support sigle XLR for 24/192, that would make connection so much simpler :(
DAC to computer connection is still in its infancy. . . yet, it may be worth while holding off on assessing this device's capabilities until it has made its way into the US and someone has had the opportunity of talking to the importer. . . or seeing it at a show. . . trying it at home. . . or reading a full review. G.
Suteetat since you've no experience with debussy it's amazing to post a view for blaming something you don't really know.

dCS many many years ago introduced native 24/192 upsampling first, firewire connection between its components, dsd conversion (first), dxd...e.t.c.

Let's wait and see for the time being I found in this greek site this
http://www.avmentor.gr/dcs_debussy.htm

Now regarding firewire connection it is going to extinct from personal computers (only Apple still has it) so a future-proof company like dCS mind about long-lasting products.

As for 24/192 native material as far as we know this represents 1-1.5% of the global music production even reference recordings has only 11-12 titles; what 24/192 are you talking about?

Let's have hundrends of 24/96 done properly and then move-on.

You know you remind me some poor old audiophile-wannabees with Elcheapo 200$dac who think they are listening 24/192 or some 1500$ 24/192 firewire dac which really decodes 24/192 [12 rr titles] and in plain red-book cds [tons of millions] it's a crap........unless someone needs to impress his friends with 11 Hrx titles?

Just my 2 cents...