Anyone solved MF Tri Vista SACD problems?

I am starting this thread for my friend who bought this Musical Fidelity Tri Vista SACD player as used two years ago. Now the transport mechanism and also the servo board (we think) are broken. Does anyone know if there still is some company who can repair these players or modify them with new parts (transport+servo board). It seems to us that Musical Fidelity has moved forward and abandoned its old Tri-Vista customers. No help from their side at all. All info/help is appreciated.
mkilpi
Davidsarl. Problem is that the transport does not read any discs, it does not even spin them anymore. Nothing happens. Our local dealer asked and MF told that they cannot help anymore. Their only explanation is that those parts (Philips sacd-transport+servo board) are not available for them anymore.
Find out the transport part number and go to ebay in Europe and look for someone who might have the old parts (NOS). I did that for a Shanling SACD player by going to Taiwan for the Sony part. Bought two (They were cheap) and now the player works and I have a back-up. The lack of old transports makes many a CD player "boat anchors"!
Those parts are long time gone. MF is not the only one left with this problem. I read on the british forums, that in the UK they are offering a huge (up to 50%) discounts on their current products for customers beeing stuck with their SACD players.

I would press US distributor to do the same if I were you.
My Tri Vista ran into serious disc reading problem a few months after purchase. The dealer in my area who repaired my unit related that the motor requires different speeding in reading CD versus SACD and the unit apparantely has some problem in accomodating the variance.

The unit did work very well after the repair but still I eventually sold my unit for sonic reasons. Since then I have heard of a few incidence of Tri Vista failure even outside Audiogon.

I don't think anyone should bother with this unit anymore. IMHO even if it is working faultless its sonics is not up there with some newer and cheaper models.

I no longer have the unit for direct comparison, but I feel that the redbook performance of my RAM full mod Oppo 980H, at a fraction of the price tag, has left the Tri Vista in the dust. Other than some warmth and screen which some may prefer I cannot attest any significant sonic advantage to the Tri Vista.
I am stunned that Musical Fidelity are not helping here -- does a hi-end company imagine people will pay their exotic prices only to be left hanging later due to 'parts obsolesence'? And this from a company that sold their Nuvista tube idea on the idea it had a matching spare for every customer? Someone ask all those MF lovers at Stereophile what they would suggest......perhaps Sam Tellig can ring his friend at the company for some help........If MF had gone out of business that would be one sad end, but given the fact they are alive and well, apparently working with their UK customers to resolve this, and still receiving more coverage in certain US media than would seem explicable on normal review submissions alone, suggests they might be responsive....