Has anyone heard the new PS Audio Perfect Wave?

What are your thoughts on the new Perfectwave DAC and transport? I heard it and was pretty blown away. The one disappointment is you cannot play SACD's. The sound quality has me thinking of what the future of audio will sound like.
tzh21y
..a friend of mine has the pair and was playing one of the 'reference recording' HR-X discs..rachmoninoff's 'symphonic dances' last week and it was amazing...
I have a friend that has them...and he says it's fantastic sounding in his system. He has an outstanding stereo system, but he lives in another state so I haven't heard it myself.

I've read a few posts somewhere on the web, by people that heard them, and weren't impressed at all?...not sure what to think about this?

My friend did say it's the best he has heard from digital.

Dave
I own the PerfectWave Dac and Transport combo which I purchased here on A'gon. My family and I were blown away by the quality of these components. My first test was to play a SACD of Carmina Burana so I'm not sure why you believe the PerfectWave system is incable of playing SACDs.

One caveat to you is that I am fairly recent audiophile so I do not have the experience in testing audio components as many people here. However, I can tell you I love my PerfectWave system and highly recommend it with this caveat in mind.

Joe
I read it can play Hybrid SACD. I thought I read it could not play standard SACD's.
been an owner of the pair since august. while the PWD/PWT are nice piece's by themselves, when paired together using a high grade I2S cable, they are out of this world imho.

i've never heard anything like it in the digital realm. whether it's hi res dvd or standard redbook.....the sound is incredible.

took my pair over to a friends house about 2 months ago to test differet hookups and compare against his esoteric front end (2 years old). a week later he had his own perfect wave set-up. nuff said.

give the PWD/PWT a listen and see for yourself. don't forget to use a high grade grade hdmi line like psa's I2S-12 silver line (this really makes a significant difference!)

the best digi i've ever heard and then some.

cheers
Lev