Wadia ITransport

Just purchased Wadia IPod dock for use with my IPod Touch. I am using Canare 75ohm cable as an interface with my Cambridge 840C AZURE CD player. Reading reviews about the IDock and importing Apple Lossless files, I noticed a difference (small)but noteworthy, where the Dock seems a bit compressed and lacking the resolution and dynamics when compared to the CD. I'm not quite sure, but I thought I remembered with lossless files, the Dock could actually sound better than the CD.

Thank you, I look forward to your thoughts and comments.
RPG
rpg
I might as well chine in here too. When Corey Greenberg spoke about the Canare, I believe, that was a few years ago. Your best bet is to sample as many coax digital cables as possible and, one of the most important but overlooked pieces from the cable is the connectors themselves. Neutrik is a good brand but overall, I had to sample 20 cables over a period of three years to find the one that really works with my system: Wadia 521, B&W, Pass Labs, Wadia 20, Wadia ipod dock, AES/EBU and balanced throughout.
Dear D, Thank you. I know there are system dependencies, but I would be interested in knowing the cable you finally selected for your Wadia ipod dock. Perhaps you could save me years of time and as I think this is where the weak point exists with the Wadia.

Thank you very much!

RPG
PC = Power Cable. The idea that aftermarket Power Cable using Voodoo adapter will improve the sound. Hope this helps clarify things.
On the Canare, I read that same review, and unfortunately stuck with Canare for some time. When I tried something different (yes, more expensive too), what a difference. May be more important when transferring signals from jitter prone devices... so something to consider.
RPG,

To elaborate, the iTransport PC (power cord) has what is known as a C14 two-pin connector which plugs in to the iTransport; on the other end are the prongs for the connection to the wall of power conditioner. I was suggesting getting a Voodoo Cable C7 IEC to C14 two-prong connector (go to Voodoo Cable website and look under Power Products), which will allow you to use a high-end PC (power cord). I now use either a LessLoss Sig PC or Nordost Brahma to run the iTransport into my Audience AR6 power conditioner and changing PC's has made a huge difference in performance compared to the stock iTransport PC.

I cannot comment on the Canare digicable as I have never heard it. You will find wildly varying opinions on digital cables. I bought my Kharma Grand ref used many years ago. They are expensive, big and fat and unwieldly. The Canare may be great; there are also other reasonably priced alternatives. My point was if you replace the stock PC and use a first class digicable, and have ripped music to iPod using Apple Lossless or equivalent, you can get very close to the sound of the original CD.

Hope this helps.

Neal
Hi. I was researching cables, specifically the newer Canare offerings. When reading reviews, one writer claimed a huge improvement when inserting a ferrite bead on the interface cable. What I know (little) about ferrite beads is that they alter the characteristic impedance of the cable (75 Ohms)and may be counterproductive. However, since this was so easy to try i did. Two things; the sound improved and the strange distortion that was affecting my Luxman T-117 was gone. So, bottom line, I need a new, well shielded cable. It seems, and I'm not sure why, my IDock is very noisy at it's output. Is it in need of service? Thanks! Rpg