Ayon CD2 is AMAZING

Guys,

Received my CD-2 on Friday and I'm still amazed and the unit has only about 20 hours. The soundstage extends beyond the boundaries of the speakers with palpable images you can almost touch. The Rega/Bryston combo is good but the CD2 is in another league. This unit captures the ambiance and nuances of the recorded venue with ease. I know layering and depth will come when the units has been run in and I'm looking forward to that day!

I'm definitely happy with my purchase
128x128wig
Guys,

Not sure if you have discovered that the Dac phase switch should be lit red for better sound quality!

Wig
Thanks Afc, The CD-5 to my monoblocs and maybe add the Ayon server/player when they release it would be a nice quality minimalist set up.
I will have to get up to LA and have listen.
If Wig is correct about about the MiniMax DAC, I will save the 5K and keep my Shindo and CD-2.
I think I will take it slow and let the dust settle on the MiniMax.
I would definitely take it slow before dropping down 5K on outdated technology. The Minimax is that good and it does get better with tube rolling. Telefunken smoothplates didn't work well in my system, better focus, detail, imaging but the soundstage lacked in comparison to 5814A. I have some Mullards boxplates coming soon which are very musical tubes and should match well in my system. I have updated the fuse to a silverstar hi-fi fuse and JPS digital AC powercord. The level of detail, richness and imaging is fantastic with a deep soundstage. The CD2 is great player but it's even better with the EE. EE sound is much smoother and less fatiguing.
Wig,
Wow sounds great, no doubt about it in your assessment! Thanks, I am jotting down your upgrades for reference. Good point about the improvement in DAC technology, which is why the quality of the CD-2 as a transport was a deciding factor in my purchase
Damn, it is not that much. I wish it had usb so that when it becomes second fiddle I could use it on my Mac.
I heard changing the tubes on the Minimax was tricky, I am new to tube rolling, What do you think?
Constant nonstop temptations in this hobby!!
It's easy, unless you have fat hands. Just 1/4 turn to remove tube sleeve and pull tube straight out. I wiggle mine a little and it comes right out. The smoothplates were wonderful in my pre-amp but not that good in the Dac which was eye opener since they are $100 and my $20 Jan 5814A are more musical and satisfying but the Mullards will be better when them come in since I have used them in the past. Give the unit time to break-in because mine is sounding better daily and approaching two weeks in which it should be done, just needing 100+ hours on the digital cable now before I can really hear what the Dac can do.