Ayon CD2 is AMAZING

Guys,

Received my CD-2 on Friday and I'm still amazed and the unit has only about 20 hours. The soundstage extends beyond the boundaries of the speakers with palpable images you can almost touch. The Rega/Bryston combo is good but the CD2 is in another league. This unit captures the ambiance and nuances of the recorded venue with ease. I know layering and depth will come when the units has been run in and I'm looking forward to that day!

I'm definitely happy with my purchase
128x128wig
Interesting how threads can always slip topics, though not always to ill effect.

I can understand how WIG's experience with the use of the Berkely vs. Ayon 2 could persuade him not to go with the 5S. If he felt like the CD 2 had a tendency to be bright and forward, it could be easily thought that this is a house sound, and though the CD 5S is assuredly much better given the price difference, the Berkely DAC seemed to counteract that for him. It is probably less financial investment, with a pleasing result, which is something we are always looking for here. That said, I would love to hear a 5s in my system....
One thing that bothers me about Ayon -- besides the sound -- is the fact that it spends a fortune on advertising and on chassis work that makes the company the supposed "Bugatti of Audio", but it has no dealers in the US. Why is this? I suspect Ayon doesn't want to go head to head with other brands in dealer showrooms. While it might work for Ayon, it is not for the benefit of audiophiles who have to buy the unit from on-line retailers or used "sound unheard". Personally, if I could have listened to the Ayon CD-2 at a dealer like Stereo Exchange in New York, I would have known to stay away from Ayon to begin with.
When I bought my Ayon gear, I went to Acoustic Image in LA. I called Ayon and they emailed me a list with 42 dealers. Ayon owners love their equipment and this Ayon bashing is really weird. Who are you guys, ayons competition?
Mcondon, reading your previous replies to Ayon CD-2 threads, I can see you are a one-eyed Perfect Wave fan (which is fine) and your replies are usually even handed, however I don't think you should judge ALL Ayon players by one player (ie: the previous model CD-2) since the CD-5/CD-5s are much better sounding players with reference level sound as has been repeated often before. Re: your assertion there are no dealers in the US, that is not correct. USA Tube Audio is the main US Dealer who are also supported by the US distributor as posted on Ayon's website.

What you have to understand is, Ayon are still a young company, therefore of course their dealer network is going to be smaller than say Audio Research for example, so it has nothing to do with with Ayon not wanting to go head to head with other brands as you suggested. The fact is it takes a long time for a new brand to gain wide market acceptance and to be commercially viable for a hifi store to carry. Hope that sheds some light.
Mlb, Melbguy1, I am not a dealer and have no financial interests in any of Ayon's competitors. My forays into audio amount to a rounding error for me financially. If you read my post history, you will see that I have commented about a wide range of products and have done so deliberately and as honestly as I can.

As I said before, I think that people should be able to use the Audiogon forums to gain useful insights about products they are considering buying. Can users rely on the opinions expressed in Ayon threads? I don't think so. Even if the majority of Ayon owners are completely honest in their enthusiasm, Jimphd14 is neither honest nor honorable and has muddied the water as a result. He resorts to implausible disinformation about competing products and personal insults towards anyone expressing a preference for any product that is not made by Ayon.

If Ayon components really compete with the best on the market, then Jimphd14, not me, is acting against Ayon's and your best interests. No company wants an immature fraud to speak in its behalf.

And Jimphd14's disinformation is also a disservice to manufacturers like AMR, Meridian, PS Audio, Berkeley, BAT, and Audio Research, all of which he has implausibly claimed are trounced by Ayon.