Please recommend for my next upgrade

My upgrade bug bites me again, although I ok with my current system. My current system consist of:

B&W CDM9NT
Rotel RB 1080 power amp
Audible Illusions L1 preamp
Sony BDP350 Bluray player
Maverick Audio TubeMagic DAC
1 Volex 17604 power cord on power amp
Straight wire speaker cable
Other coaxial and RCA cables are just no name ordinary cables
Monster surge protector (not power conditioner)

I think my weakest links are:
Sony player
Maverick Audio DAC
no power conditioner
power cords
interconnects

I know everything plays a role, but given budget constraint of $500, what would you recommend to upgrade first that will give me biggest bang for the buck? I am thinking probably the player and DAC. Any recommendation?
gte357s
The first thing that comes to my mind is the OPPO BDP-83 blue-ray player that sells for $499 retail. Used in Audiogon is around $430.
I agree with Audiolui, but I would save and buy the SE version of the Oppo. It has WAY better audio performance and it looks like you're a 2 channel kinda guy. You could sell both the Sony and DAC to have some extra money towards the Oppo SE.

Next would be interconnects and speaker cable.
Yes, I am asking from the 2 channel perspective. I have another home theater set up with I enjoy blu-ray. Sorry that I didn't make it clear. So, if for 2 channel music, is the Oppo SE up to the standard?
If you haven't already, rolling to a better tube in the Maverick will get some definite improvement. I have that unit in my office system with a NOS GE 5670 ... pretty sweet.

Not sure about the Oppo SE. I auditioned that unit and IMHO it fell a little short compared to previous players - Sony XA5400ES and Tube Research Lab modified 2000ES changer. Also read a review where the basic Oppo was preferred to SE version.

You're not going to save much by getting used on A-gon. The Oppo is still new enough that not much value will be reduced from retail. Oppo Digital has an excellent return policy; so get it in for a listen in YOUR system, check it out for up to 30 days and then send it back if you don't like it. They're super fast on processing refunds too.

If you like the basic BDP-83, you could always get it modified downstream, after you save a few more dollars. ASI Tek is good ($450), and Modwright is better ($950). Good luck and happy listening!

BTW, with your system, your following step might be a power upgrade. The Volex is a very good cord, especially given the cost. Cryogenics International can cryo that cord and all your other wires for $75 a pound. Then add a Majik Buss power filter ($595) and you are much closer to where you want to be. Do some research about this little gem. It did some pretty amazing things in my system ... like make my PS Audio Noise Harvesters stop flickering and go dark!

Yes, this is a lot more than you asked for. I got a little carried away. It happens.