MSB DAC IV or dCS Paganini

I've recently auditioned the MSB DAC DAC IV signature and found it pretty amazing in its analog and musical presentation, which was clearly superior to my dCS Puccini. I'm wondering if some of you have compared the more expensive dCS set, the paganini to MSB DAC IV.
alfredbac
Hi John,

The Diamond base powering the CD IV uses a switching power supply for the transport (however the Diamond base uses a linear power supply for the DAC). The Signature Transport power supply is a linear power supply dedicated to the transport. Only you can decide if it is "night and day" but based on what I heard when I did the comparison in my system it was definitely a pretty significant improvement in sound quality.

Hope that helps.
perhaps, an aside, but a question nonetheless.

the issue is a comparison between two solid state dacs.

could someone explain how a ss dac can better a tube dac

with respect to the strengths of tube character. also, the facility to find the ideal tube is not possible with ss products.

my favorite tube digital components are the original zanden dac and the original 20 bit lector.

i'll admit that a well designed solid state product has its strong points, but there is something about the classic tube sound that cannot be replicated using a solid state device.
Babybear,

I did receive the Signature Transport power supply 2 weeks ago and it's definitely worth the price of admission. Thanks