Audiophile LOD Cable for iPod

Apart from investing in Wadia's iPod transport, does anyone know of a quality cable that goes from the LOD or an Apple dock itself to XLR? Is this even a viable prospect?
marinuju
I meant analog XLR. Why is a transport dock the best for iPod sound? Wouldn't procuring the signal from the iPod to a preamp be just as good, maybe better?
because the ipod dac is not good. have had the 170i for a while now. can tell you ipod tunes sound *way* better using a good external dac. if you like your ipod and want to use it with your hifi gear....you need to bypass the ipods dac imho.

cheers
Lev
I fully agree with Levy03.

I wouldn't worry about XLR until you get a pure digital signal out of the iPod first. Then you can deal with XLR balanced (which is a whole other issue that usually isn't as black and white as you might think).

I've used both the Wadia and the Onkyo docks, and they seem to be identical in every system I have used them in, and that also is the experience of others who have compared the two. The Onkyo is more affordable, but difficult to get in the US. Either way, those docks make the iPod compete with very expensive CD transports and should allow your foot to tap. ;)

Have fun....
Get a Naim DAC - it reads the digital out from the iPod. The DAC itself is wonderful & has been getting good reviews.