Wadia S7i direct to amp

Looking at simplifying my system, wondering if anyone has heard the new Wadia S7i direct into an amp, and if so, how did the pre section fare? My experience w/ an 860x years ago was that the pre wasn't good enough for me to get rid of my pre at the time (a Cary SLP98).
128x128dennis_the_menace
I am getting fairly tired of people knowing more than other people, that includes people who actually know, but use 3million words to say so, or manufacterers who have a double agenda, maybe a'gon has its limits.
I approach a system of simplicity, staying with my merlins and my berning power amp, source either wadia s7i direct, or sometimes TT Elite Rock with a Berning pre,
so I guess I just have to take both roads; and being a musician, I plan to be utterly happy with both.
mr dennis indeed never chimed in anymore, so what was that about?
however, where it can make a difference is that you can lose resolution through the process or digital attenuation. the source material from a redbook cd has 16 bits of digital resolution. the wadia operates with 21 bits of digital resolution.
Paperw8, I'm pretty sure that the Wadia resolution is 24 bits (& not 21 bits) after it upsamples.

12-03-10: Bombaywalla
Paperw8, I'm pretty sure that the Wadia resolution is 24 bits (& not 21 bits) after it upsamples.

i'll say this again: don't take my word for it, READ THE WADIA WHITEPAPERS and draw your own conclusions. wadia has several whitepapers posted on their website that anyone can download and read.
i'll say this again: don't take my word for it, READ THE WADIA WHITEPAPERS and draw your own conclusions. wadia has several whitepapers posted on their website that anyone can download and read.
OK, I see that I am right & you are also right - after upsampling (marketing verbage used by Wadia is "resolution enhancement") the word length is 24 bits (which is what I wrote) & then, after processing by DigiMaster algo, they chuck the least 2 significant bits & reduce the rez to 21/22 bits (which is what you wrote).

On a side note - I think all of us would be better of if you dropped your high-handedness altogether. You might have a good reason to attain your attitude but realize that you are on a PUBLIC forum where all sorts come to visit & discuss. If you feel compelled to share your knowledge & uplift the "ignorant" masses here do it with an attitude of a school teacher - you'll be appreciated much more. Just my suggestion to you being a long-term member here.