Wadia S7i direct to amp

Looking at simplifying my system, wondering if anyone has heard the new Wadia S7i direct into an amp, and if so, how did the pre section fare? My experience w/ an 860x years ago was that the pre wasn't good enough for me to get rid of my pre at the time (a Cary SLP98).
128x128dennis_the_menace
That is a good question, why don't you mail Wadia or Steve at GNSC? I would like to know myself, if anything in the S7i makes a change compaired to 381.
The major improvement on the new Wadia S7I is the new current source outputs.
This machine seems to have a whole different feel or grip on the music compared to past designs.
Cheers Johnnyr
I just bought a Great Northern Sound Statement Wadia S71 today. I plan to do a impartial test of the S7i direct into my Burmester 911 MK3, with my Concert Fidelity CF 080 LS/X preamp. Either way, as I look at it, I come out a winner.:)
I use S7i into a pre. My system is
Wadia S7i
ARC Ref 3
Lamm M1.1 Hybrid Monoblocks
Genesis G200
Using the pre is very worthwhile not least of all because it means running the Wadia at full 100% volume eg full 24bit. Of course it depends on the pre being used and the system itself. All I can say is that Wadia S7i plus pre works for me - very well indeed. The addition of S7i recently made as upgrade from 381i.
As a quick comment on the S7i - IT IS OUTSTANDING!
Jon
Talk2me, What's the verdict on direct vs. pre?

Also, the power cord will have a substantial impact on your sound? What are you using?