PS Perfect Wave Trans/DAC versus Meridian 808.2

Has anyone been able to compare these two products or comment on either individually as a significant improvement over high quality red book equipment? I am intrigued by the apodosing filters ability to enhance Red Book sound by reducing pre-ringing. And these two products, as far as I know, are the only ones using these filters.
128x128gammajo
I would think that there should be enough good info on the threads here and on the PSA site that should get you thru it wasy enough, but I agree that a plug and play NAS setup would be welcome AND likely purchased by a lot of people...
>>>these two products, as far as I know, are the only ones using these filters

Add Ayre to this list, they've been doing this filter type about as long a Meridian:
http://www.ayre.com/pdf/Ayre_MP_White_Paper.pdf

The "MP" filter can be found on their DAC, CDP, universal, and BDP units.
I have the Meridian 808.2 and can honestly say it can turn discs that were crap into new recordings. Discs that are already good even more real. I would put it up against anything.
Actually Levy03, the future will be in network-based audio as opposed to “computer audio.” PS Audio is really making strides in this direction. You won’t need a computer at all when you connect the Bridge to your network. This is a totally different animal than a CD player. The 808.2 may very well be among the best CD players on the market today, but once high end servers become more mainstream even the great CD players will seem obsolete.

If you think, “this is what they said about turntables,” then you’re making the wrong analogy. Analog is analog, digital is digital. Analog continues to progress via refinements in technology and will likely continue to do well for some time (indefinitely??); but digital is progressing as well, and the direction it is heading is network server based.

Until they can figure out how to pull analog music from an LP other than a turntable, the turntable is the solution. This is not true with digital - "they” already have figured out how to convey digital music without the CD player. The CD itself is still relevant because they are still the primary source for obtaining digital music files. Let me tell you though, if you haven’t experienced hi-res playback (96k x 24 or higher), then you haven’t experienced the true potential of digital playback (CDs by design are limited to 16/44). Furthermore, DSD is still very promising for the future of network systems (and THAT will be very exciting).

My2cents.
Ben
Rufipennis - Thanks for the Ayre tip. Good to know of another option while waiting for the network server stuff to come on line.