MSB platinum DAC USB2

How can their USB2 which looks no bigger than HiFace device go for $1000? It's asynchronous so I'm assuming they may be using Gordan Rankins implementation.
dracule1
and still msb's implementation is not asychronous.

You can go better with m2tech evo on any existing dac.
Kops, I have heard excellent sounding USB DACs utilizing asynchronious and adaptive technologies. Although many hype asynchroneous to be much better (theoretically better at least), I have not heard clear evidence for this. Jitter is not THE most important factor in sound quality of USB DAC, although many audiophiles will not buy a DAC unless it has asynchroneous USB. Getting back to the subject, what makes MSB's USB implementation so special that it costs so much higher than others? I hope it's not because their DAC is so expensive, they think they can get away with charging that amount.
Audiofun, I might add "more complex" doesn't mean better sound quality. I can cite examples where more complex circuitry degrades the sound. OP amps being some of the worst culprits. Have you heard the MSB DAC through their proprietary USB?
Dracule,

I believe the MSB supports 32 bit 384KHz media. Many of the others only accept 24/192 on the USB port. I am sure the guys at MSB are charging for the time to write the software for 32 Bit ASIO plugin support.