Experience with Mach2 Music Server?

I'm looking for user experiences with the Mach2 Music Server.

Thanks in advance.
tvad
SInce they adjust or disable some of the software that comes on a Mac Mini, I'm curious to know what happens with Software Update. Are you able to do updates, including to the OS, without screwing up theMach2 optimizations? what happens at the next major release of OSX?
The Mach2 guys graciously provided a unit for my system at 2010 RMAF. Tried it on Saturday and it made such a difference over my stock Mini that we had to use it on Sunday. Our room got best sound, cost no object from TAS, although that reviewer heard it on Saturday. Wish he had heard it on Sunday. Sunday is always the best sound in all of the rooms.

BTW, I use Amarra 1.2 (not 2.1 or 2.1.1) and they set it up just like on my stock Mini. Also used some Amarra EQ. Highly recommended.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
I have made a pretty sizable investment (time and $) in my system, centered around an iMac that is used solely as a server...don't surf the web with it, and don't use it for any other applications. I ripped 600 CDs to it in Apple Lossless, error correction on, and have turned off all the extraneous tone controls in iTunes. Just downloaded the demo version of Pure Music and I will be buying the full version when the demo runs out.

Because of the way the system is configured I really want to keep the IMac as the server, but was wondering if any of the modifications Mach 2 found helped the Mac mini maximize its potential as a server might be of benefit for an iMac?

Cheers,

Mitch
Drubin,

With the Mach2 Server you can do the 10.6.x upgrades. They are small and don't overwrite any of our changes.

We are telling customers not to upgrade to Lion when it comes out. Lion will overwrite most of the operating system.

Steve,

Thanks for the kind words. We had a blast at RMAF getting to work with you and hearing our Mach2 Server in such a fine room.

Darrell
www.mach2music.com
It is very nice to see so many experienced Mac users here!

If you don't mind, I have few questions:

1. In your opinion, what are the advantages of Mac Mini (or any other Mac computer product) over PC laptop or HTPC running Win 7, 64 bit? Since I am aware how switching power affects audio, I am not interested in comments on that subject. Also, the usual laptop “display noise” is not an issue for me.

2. In your experience, is there any audio quality difference between files stored on the internal HDD/SSD, and the same stored on external USB and Firewire HDD?

3. Is there Apple audio playback software available that can let you use the audio device internal buffer in pull mode? Can you adjust device buffer offset and latency? Down to how many samples?

4. In your experience with Mac, is it better loading the audio file to the RAM and play it from memory or not? What difference do you hear?

Thanks!
Alex Peychev