The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Magnepan 20.1 and Quad ESL 63 seemed to provide the best reproduction of the human voice and reproduce acoustic instruments to my taste better than anything else I have heard. They arn't strong in bass but a sub can be used if you need to go deep into low frequencies.
I heard a pair of Analysis Audio Epsilons with all Electrocompaniet electronics,Soundstring cables that pulled me into the music like nothing else ive heard!!!I truly understand why fans of planar/ribbon speakers are such a devoted lot!!!
I recently heard the Montana WAS speakers which IMO are among the very best I have ever heard. Palpable soundstage and imaging, the lowest and best bass I have ever heard and absolutely lovely midrange and upper frequencies. Frankly, it is hard to imagine any speaker getting much better than this. I felt like I could walk up and touch the players on stage. Just amazing. If only I had the room to accomodate them!
Well, previously it was the old, three box version of the Audio Physic Caldera, with about $7,000 of electronics feeding them. Those retailed for around $20,000, but were available for "only" $10,000. I'd have bought them on the spot, had I been in a position to do so. I would have to say that the speakers I currently own, for ~5K with the stands, rival--and probably surpass--the Calderas, which is a REAL surprise. Duane sold me a pair of Intuitive Design Summits, which I decided to buy just about a year (or less) after having JUST upgraded my speakers. My wife was appalled, but we agreed that this would be my last major audio purchase for a "long time". That will be no problem whatsoever, as these have completely blown away even my most ridiculously unreasonable expectations, and will almost certainly be the last speakers I ever buy, and I am in my early 40's! All this at the real world (for an audiophile anyway) price of about $5000. I plan a review soon, but have just a wee bit more tweaking to do, and am hoping to be able to do justice to these utterly fabulous masterpieces.