Is this the END of DAYS for the high end CD player

Seem like this format days are numbered like the cassette and LP. Why would you want to spend 5k or 10k+ for a high-end CD player or DAC combo??

Just trying to see what other audiophile’s thoughts are and where you guys & gals may be planing for the future. Do you stop here at the high end CD player and this format or go completely too digital files?

I'm at a quandary about investing into an expensive CD player setup.
apachef1

I work at a computer 6-7 hours of my work day. It will be a long time before I make a jump to having my music on a hard drive. There is more to life that these damn machines, at least there is for now.
One mans trash is another mans treasure. So, rip away and sell those discs!
I will wait as the prices are going down and the sound is improving. Also, more user friendly systems are coming out.
Why not wait? I still have my CD's, still have music to play and am not missing out of the end result - music!

I think that is pretty sound reasoning and the question is not IF I jump in, but it really is a question of WHEN.

I will jump in Blindjim, but I will be quite content to be patient on this one. No down side to wait it seems to me.
I will wait as the prices are going down and the sound is improving. Also, more user friendly systems are coming out.
Why not wait? I still have my CD's, still have music to play and am not missing out of the end result - music!

I think that is pretty sound reasoning and the question is not IF I jump in, but it really is a question of WHEN.

I will jump in Blindjim, but I will be quite content to be patient on this one. No down side to wait it seems to me.
Elizabeth ... What part of Switzerland would we be going to . And will there be a music store .