Digitalmeisters - Thoughts on Olive.....

Just starting to think about using a music server. I don't want to use a laptop, but a dedicated music server. What is the experience out there with the gear from Olive products across the line. Will I need an external DAC for the type of quality I am use to (most recently I've been using Accustic Arts and EMM Labs). What are the alternatives that function similarly in terms of storage, interface, and DAC. I am a complete novice to this music server approach, so I just want to learn as I start getting my mind around the whole new approach (relatively new) to digital playback.
pubul57
No. I think I am going to stay on the sidelines for a while. I've been to some audio shops to look into this, but not much expertise there other than a standard Sonos approach. I guess I'll stick with my several thousand CDs and EMM Labs gears - easy to use, and sounds pretty good. But I do know a different future is coming, but I don't feel like I am in much of a rush at this point. Now if the EMM fell off the shelf....
It's your choice. I wouldn't put it off though. Gain the experience. You might be pleasantly surprised and consider replacing your CDP sooner then you imagine. Doesn't cost anything to audition from dealer, or buy/return SBT, Sonos,..etc from local stores, even online (Amazon), or direct from manufacture.