SHM SACD's need to be burned in

I recently purchased Aja on a SHM sacd. I have never purchased any single disc at this price,but the chance of aquiring one of my favorite albums on SACD made me go for it.
I was so excited the day it arrived. I warmed up my system for a half an hour and popped it in. WHAT A DISAPOINTMENT!
The bass was bloated and the highs rolled off. It was inferior to my two redbook copies sonically(MFSL ultradisc and 1999 remaster).
I went on various forums to see if others had the same opinion as mine. To my surprise what I gathered was that playing these SHM SACD's about ten times to burn in improves the sound. I didn't beieve it but I had the disc already so .....
I played it on repeat on my cdp for two days straight. I then warmed up my system the same way and expected little change.
Much to my surprise the base tighten up,the highs improved and the soundstage organised itself. If I hadn't heard this for myself I never would have believed it.The mofi wasn't in the ballpark anymore!
Anyone else with a simular experience?

Regards,
montejay
Al-The player is over two years old and well over 1500 hours on it. Since I have had it,It has over 700 hours alone. The sound is pretty consistant and my system has stablized a long time ago.
Bar81-Since you have many SHM SACD's,are they worth it in your opinion?
I'm not going to argue something that is perplexing to me as well. As I have said I would feel the same, If I hadn't experienced it for myself.
I am not the only one who has reported simular with this same sacd. See this link.
http://www.sa-cd.net/showreviews/6499#7534
You can also google "SHM SACD burning in" and get some feedback as well.
Some may say cables being burned in or frozen improve the sound "as load of crap as well".I just find this interesting and never experienced this before on any disc.

Regards,
Maybe your carpets and/or drapes weren't fully burned in.

Or perhaps your humidifer was off by a couple percent.

Maybe the kitty litter box needed filling.

It could have been the jewel case not receiving enough ultraviolet light as well.

Speaking of, always use a 30 block on those plastic cases.
It really depends on the SHM-SACD. Overall, in my experience, I have been very pleased as the majority are excellent but there are certain titles that stand out on both end of the spectrum - top notch (Who's Next, Wheels of Fire, Paranoid, Aja, Velvet Underground & Nico) and nothing special (generally anything based on old masters - Stones, Police, etc.)

Unfortunately, I haven't really been excited regarding any of the recent December releases and announced upcoming titles (My Generation is the only one I am definitely buying) but it is nice to see that Universal has abandoned its earlier strategy and is now solely focused on new flat transfers for all upcoming SHM-SACDs.