AudioQuest SKY revisit

I wonder how this cable compares with the latest?
I have owned them many years ago but have since moved on to many other brands. Now, I am using JPS superconductor 3. Lately, a pair of SKY came up again and I took it for a try. Guess what? I fell in love again! Musically, It is head and shoulder better then the SC3. Timing and coherence all through the frequencies is perfectly done and I can't stop my toe tapping. The JPS sounded slow and the music is disjointed by comparison. Yet, in HIFI terms, the JPS has that 'close up' feel and the instruments sounds just like they are in your room! the SKY sounded just a hair muted in terms of dynamics and realism.
I wonder if there is one cable that can do both for me!!
luna
I worked for over 8 years in 2 sound&Vision speciality shops. These days I only do consulting. it is so much more fun. The freedom is priceless. I had done consulting also from 2005 till 2007.

I live in the Netherlands, But I also have clients in other countries. Shops are not of this time we life in anymore.

Audio has changed a lot. The way I work I have a lot more time for every single client. I can deliver a much higher endresult than when I worked in a shop
I purchased a pair of Sky's about two months ago.

I have tried using them for CD transport. Pre to Amp. etc.

They simply sound brittle compared to my Niagras.

On some cuts--they do shine. They have better clarity.

But overall, I always go back to the Niagras.

Will try the Sky with my Video and see if I can salvage them for something.
It's interesting to hear the various interactions of cables on systems. Price isn't always the best monitor, however I have yet to hear another line of cable that is even close to AQ right now. You have to have good equipment as whatever your price point, but isn't that the whole idea? I never understood using cables to 'tune' a system. That doesn't make sense to me. Just get the best system put together than you can and hook it up with neutral cables that let each piece do it's thing. I don't want to hear the system, I want to hear music. By changing wires and cables it's easy to hear the differences if you have revealing equipment. Sometimes I think folks systems aren't put together properly in the first place and they will never get the cable to help it out because they can deliver what's NOT there in the first place.

Cool journey you are on Bo. I love the story. I always used to be the go to guy that everyone would ask about their purchases. I'm sure many who are on this board have similar stories too. Being a consultant for anything is always fun. I have MS and haven't been able to work in 9 years. I missed helping folks and started to consult for wellness and health and supplement since, like audio, there are so many companies who make claims and can't back them up. I get upset when folks push their products and tell you that they are better than everyone, when in fact they aren't even close. PM me if you have time. thanks.
You see what I said: the Niagra is better balanced, a more musical mid freq. People Always prefer a more involving mid freq.

What I said many times as well; there is over 95% average or even poor quality in audio for sale. That is a big limitation for customers. There is comming more of this instead of stunning quality.

When I worked in a shop I got irritated by average quality. As a perfectionist I don't want it. So you also don't want to sell it to clients.

That is why I work with just a few brands. This makes it a lot easier and efficient. It is like a battle against the land of the blinds. ( or even better deafs) It is like
there is almost no resitance of other shops.

I see a lot of people in this business with just a little knowlegde. These people are for a big part responsible for the low level in quality to consumers.

There is more and more low quality or average quality comming on the market. Shops start to distribute these products themselves. They earn more money for it. They focus on selling this first.
Bo, I completely agree. I've found just a few in the business who care about quality and helping people. I spent the last year listening to everything I could so that I could sell off three of my systems and start from scratch. I didn't have a lot to spend, but I'll put my system up against any other near the price and I bet mine will be more musical, enjoyable and fun to listen to. I was fortunate to get an Ayre from a close friend for next to nothing and I bought a system rather than components. I paid extra to use a shop and I'm happy. The products I bought have a smaller mark up and less profit for the owner, but he stocks and sells a lot of them because the put them together and they sound right. What are some of the lines you use? I'm sure others are curious to see what you feel sound great together. thanks.