Ayre QB9 with a transport

How would I use my rega planet as a transprot for the Ayre QB9?

Thanks
rocca
Would some knowledgeable person answer this question for once and for all? No speculation or useless comments, please. It is not such a complicated question.
Marcober...i already answered your question so i think your fairly rude follow up is a bit uncalled for. Why don't you read the manual and the setup instructions on the Ayre site then do a little research. Sorry to be short but it doesn't look like you actually put any effort into finding this information only to instead insult the people who try to answer.

Since the squeezebox transporter does NOT have a USB out you cannot use it as your source via the QB9's only input option UNLESS you get something like the Halide Bridge or HiFace that will convert the SPDIF out to USB. The other option is what Lewinskih01 mentioned which is a mod to your transporter. There are those that have done this but it's also known to be a highly picky mod that doesn't play well with all DAC's.

So now that we've answered your question multiple times i think it's time you move along.
Listen Mr. JCote know-it-all sarcastic... The products you mention are the opposite of what I need to know. The signal goes in the other direction, so neither product will work! But you should know that if you were as knowledgable as you pretend. You should get some lessons in getting along with people.
The problem continues to go unanswered unless one messes with the software which is beyond the ability of most people.
Thank you for your nastiness.
Easy gents, after all, it's just a hobby, right?
Coincidentally, I just recently acquired an Ayre QB-9 from one who sold it due to its incompatibility with the Squeezebox, which his wife loves.

Here are the issues - The QB-9 not only requires a USB connection, but also the installation of Wavelength Audio-designed software on the PC or Mac used as a source. This supports the handshake between source and DAC to manage asynchonous mode transmission, and virtually eliminate significant jitter.

So Rocca, you can see that KGTurner, et. al. have it exactly right. You might check some other Agon threads for recs on good transport-sourced +external DAC combos. Be aware, though, that recent computer-based source/DAC technology has IMO caught up with (some say surpassed) the benefit/cost of Transport + external DAC.
But as you know, the Rega Planet is a very good CD player and it will be difficult, IMO to find an external DAC that will improve sound while managing jitter, clock synch, and power supply, near its price point.

Marcober, despite the above-mentioned problems with the implementation of QB-9's supporting software thru the Squeezebox, there ARE some enterprising dudes over on the Squeezebox Support Forum who are right now trying to solve this very problem!
I don't know Squeezebox myself, but it seems that it's emminently versatile and programmable for controling its hardware interfaces. If you happen to find a solution over there, please post back to us!