Ayre QB9 with a transport

How would I use my rega planet as a transprot for the Ayre QB9?

Thanks
rocca
Listen Mr. JCote know-it-all sarcastic... The products you mention are the opposite of what I need to know. The signal goes in the other direction, so neither product will work! But you should know that if you were as knowledgable as you pretend. You should get some lessons in getting along with people.
The problem continues to go unanswered unless one messes with the software which is beyond the ability of most people.
Thank you for your nastiness.
Easy gents, after all, it's just a hobby, right?
Coincidentally, I just recently acquired an Ayre QB-9 from one who sold it due to its incompatibility with the Squeezebox, which his wife loves.

Here are the issues - The QB-9 not only requires a USB connection, but also the installation of Wavelength Audio-designed software on the PC or Mac used as a source. This supports the handshake between source and DAC to manage asynchonous mode transmission, and virtually eliminate significant jitter.

So Rocca, you can see that KGTurner, et. al. have it exactly right. You might check some other Agon threads for recs on good transport-sourced +external DAC combos. Be aware, though, that recent computer-based source/DAC technology has IMO caught up with (some say surpassed) the benefit/cost of Transport + external DAC.
But as you know, the Rega Planet is a very good CD player and it will be difficult, IMO to find an external DAC that will improve sound while managing jitter, clock synch, and power supply, near its price point.

Marcober, despite the above-mentioned problems with the implementation of QB-9's supporting software thru the Squeezebox, there ARE some enterprising dudes over on the Squeezebox Support Forum who are right now trying to solve this very problem!
I don't know Squeezebox myself, but it seems that it's emminently versatile and programmable for controling its hardware interfaces. If you happen to find a solution over there, please post back to us!
"Over at the SB Touch forum there is a tweak (tweaking the software) that allows the Touch to output through the USB"

Lewinski,
Apologies, just noticed your post. This is the same forum I'm trying to cite, where in addition to generic USB, I think the QB-9 and its additional issues were also mentioned.
First I'll man up by A) saying i was wrong on the Halide Bridge/HiFace option and B) apologizing, I still don't appreciate the original message. Your only option appears to be the mod as Lewinski mentioned which may or may not work. I have a QB9 so i'm somewhat qualified to answer but i use a MacMini as my source so i have native USB ability. The only input option on the QB9 is USB and there don't appear to be an widely commercially available SPDIF/Toslink to USB convertors on the market...yet. It's an emerging market so we may see something yet.

Sandstone:
You said...The QB-9 not only requires a USB connection, but also the installation of Wavelength Audio-designed software on the PC or Mac used as a source. This supports the handshake between source and DAC to manage asynchronous mode transmission, and virtually eliminate significant jitter...

This is not entirely true. All USB DACS are plug and play using native OS drivers up to 24/96 only (USB Audio Class 1). On Mac OSX 10.6+ it's still native up to 24/192 (USB Audio Class 2) but on Windows and < Mac OSX 10.6 proprietary drivers are needed to enable Class 2 audio via USB. The developer of the Wavelength software has a good page on this www . usbdacs . com.