WHAT ABOUT CLOCKS?

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on an Esoteric G-0Rb clock for my system (that uses an Esoteric X-01D2 player.
Can anyone describe the benefits of adding a clock to the system? Is it a noticeable improvement? Subtle but better? Easier to listen to?
I do not see a lot os discussion or reviews of clocks, so I have to ask does adding a clock fix a problem that is not that big of a problem?

huntermusic
It is a good looking unit. I am sure it sounds great. Did not say you should regret your purchase. This thread is not about owning but about a future purchase. If cd players were a stock(nasdaq) they would be a HOLD NOT a buy!
I am fascinated by this thread. I agree with the great back and forth comments by both Koegz and Matjet. So I have this question for Koegz:
If money was not an impediment, what kind of server system would you buy? And, forgive me, what if I simply don't have the time or the desire to start ripping my substantial CD/SACD library which is probably 2500 CDs?
Additionally, what is the cost to download, oh say, 500 tracks to get me started with some of my tried and true music favorites in the highest res format.
What do I need to buy, how easy is it to buy, how easy is it to set up?
Do I need an internet connection at the music server?

I don't think I will do this music server this year but would love to know what you recommend and what is involved.

thanks.
h.
Huntermusic,

if you would like both a very good CD/SACD player and a music server the APL NWO-M player is based on Esoterics best VRDS-Neo CD/SACD mechanism but has a much more advanced Dac and music server capability. This means you can either insert an SACD or choose to play back music from your computer stored music libabry.
That is not a music server. That is a cd player as a dac. I am of the strong belief that the dac should be a seperate and external. It is very susceptible to vibration. Also there is more to a usb dac the the conector. Alot more. Huntermusic, ripping is easy and dare I say it, fun, even addictive. You rediscover music you have not listen too in years. Don't start by ripping all you have, just the core groups and build from there. As far as down loading goes it is $8 to $18 depending on bit size(16 or 25 bits). Now I could see using a highend cd transport with usb conectivity to the sever(computer). As far as what computer, I am not computer savy, just some common sence. As I said before I use windows 7. I am not an apple fan(political beliefs only).
Koegz,

That is not a music server. That is a cd player as a dac. I am of the strong belief that the dac should be a seperate and external. It is very susceptible to vibration.

The NWO-M is designed in a way that the VRDS transport is completely separated from the DAC circuit; the only connection is I2S type.

The proprietary AK4399 DAC module has dedicated I2S inputs selected by remote so one can select between VRDS transport, S/PDIF and USB.

There are no vibrations coming from the VRDS transport, plus it does not spin when USB or S/PDIF is used. So there are no negatives when using the NWO-M as a DAC with external digital sources.

Also there is more to a usb dac the the conector. Alot more.

True! The NWO-M optional USB input is based on M2TECH asynchronous technology and proprietary drivers. It can process 192/32. The USB hardware is extensively upgraded and runs off ultra-low-dropout, low noise linear regulators, so noisy switching PC power is unused. This said, it is extremely hard to hear a difference between USB and VRDS on a blind A-B test using the same CD.

Best,
Alex Peychev