is there a best music player on the computer?

I recently bought an HRT MusicStreamer II and have listened to internet radio lately but sometimes the stations have their own player that they prombt you to use but I have had no luck with. For example: KUSF does not work for me, they offer a choice of Flash 2.0 Flash 3.0 and Windows Media Player. When I select one of these in the pop up window it does not work.

What is the best music player for my computer (Windows XP pack 3)?

Is there a way to select one player to use with everything?

What is the best choice for this?

I presume the individual website are to blame in some instances, however, I need a plan of attack.

any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Phil
128x128philjolet
Hi Phil, I am in the same position as you. I recently started listening to the radio over the internet and was having dropouts with the station streams and a friend of mine turned me on to Winamp. It is a dedicated radio station player and sounds much better than going through the stations and does not drop out as much. Download the player at winamp.com. Way better than WMP. The only problem is that it doesn't pick up all the stations. It does have I believe a couple of hundred though. Hope this helps.
JRiver is by far the best. I mean just waaay better than the rest. It just has no real competition.

Ditto! Amazing stuff JRiver is!

Best,
Alex Peychev
Tbg,

Alex, I would take exception to this statement about JRiver.

Sure, but have you auditioned JRiver on a newer energy-efficient laptop with Core i3 or i5 processor and Windows 7, 64bit? If you did, what were the settings?

Best,
Alex Peychev
Hello Alex,

Is JRivers, on your opinion, better then MediaMonkey? If so in what areas, particualrly sound quality (WAV/FLAC)?.

Thank you,

Simon