USB DAC Recommendation

Okay, so here's the deal. I am technologically...well...dumb. I just bought into a Mach 2 system, but I haven't spent my dosh on a DAC yet. I want a good DAC. I want a DAC that's reasonable (5Gs or less), but I absolutely have to have a DAC that's simple to use connectivity/set up--wise. I'd also like it to have real hi-rez ability, not just a NOS DAC (unless I'd be a complete fool not to investigate those). What should I be looking for? Thanks all!
tbadder
The Ayre QB9 is plug and play with extremely little setup. Ayre also provides detailed setup for Mac based systems on their website. The current unit is 24/192 and with your setup should adjust on the fly depending on the source content specs. Plus Ayre is pretty good about adding any upgrades for cost of parts/software in case HiRez bumps up to 384 standard (unlikely in near future). There happens to be a virtually brand new one for sale right now.

Full disclosure: The one I mention for sale is mine.
I currently own a Bel Canto DAC 3.0 w/BC USB Link, and an Ayre Acoustics QB-9. Both are IMHO incredibly good source components, with very different approaches. Connectivity is not a daunting issue with either.

But if I had your budget of $5K, I'd go as far up the Wavelength Audio foodchain as possible, until it's shown that something betters Gordon Rankin's asynchronous mode solutions, and then spend the rest on your high-res library.
The Empirical Audio Overdrive Signature should be considered. It has a fan so keep that in mind. The latest can do 24/192. It also has a volume control and can output rca , balanced, or both. This is a dac worth hearing!