Sony XA-5400es VS Oppo 83SE

I recently got an Oppo 83SE and played my first ever SACD today and I'am a convert.

Now I'am wondering if the Sony might be more musical than the Oppo,which I feel is quite a good Cd/SACD player.Right now looks like the last chance to get a new Sony before they diapear.But at twice the price of the Oppo does anyone feel this is an upgrade in musicallity? Anyone compared the two? Thanks in advance Gary
mystang
I have a freind that is going to get the Burson DAC and use a less expencive transport. That will leave me in prime pecking order to get his Sony. Less than 6 months old and at a good price too.
I'll be going the DAC way sooner or later (more than likely later). But until then, I want to get my hands on the 5400.
lots of retailers are advertising them but many (3/4 i called) told me they were out of stock and had to be ordered. 2 of those said they are getting harder to get. have no clue as to the truth.... just sayin what i heard about 2 weeks ago when i called around. maybe a posting retailer can shed some light on this?

sure hope this thing doesn't make me feel stupid for spending alot more on my psa gear. i want the sony to sound good....but not that good =)
At the bottom of that eBay ad it says:
This is the double confirm that the auction is for Sony STR-DA5500ES brande new receiver. It is NOT for STR-DA6400ES. The discription table shows 6400ES is by our mistake. We are sorry for confusing. Good luck on bidding! Jeff from UOS

Regards,
It also says: On Jul-20-10 at 12:48:28 PDT, seller added the following information:
So I would ask.