Looking for a DAC for the Squeezebox Touch

I'm new to digital since buying a Squeezebox Touch a few months ago. The Touch is connected to an external USB hard drive that contains cd ripped Flac files. I'm looking to buy a DAC for around $1k from the SB Touch and connect it to my Sim I-7. I'm considering the Moon 100D and the Wyred4sound Dac1 based on some reviews and comments in various forums. I might consider increasing my budget to possibly the 300D and Dac2 if it would make a substantial difference.
128x128ronrags
My squeezebox touch died over the weekend. The logictech logo appears only and then shuts down after about 2 minutes. I unplugged it but it did the same thing again. Instead of looking for a dac, now I need a music server also. So I decided to step away from the Touch and purchased a almost new Olive 04hd music server here on agon. It's an all in one system (Cd ripper, music server and dac with both analog and digital outputs) so I don't need the Welbourne power supply I purchased and the separate 500gb powered hard drive. Anyone interested in purchasing the Welbourne power supply let me know. I'll throw in the hard drive also.

VERY happy SB Touch->Metrum Octave user here, I was sleepless for a couple of nights before I received my DAC thinking that I might need an interface box but when I got everything going it worked so well I decided to leave it as is. It would be nice to go BNC to BNC to accomodate the cable I'm using(Black Cat Silverstar 75) but again, sometimes best to leave well enough alone.

I have been a DAC of the month club member since the Benchmark DAC1 first came out but this one will have me off the merry go round for longer than the others I think, the presentation is a lot better than anything else I've had. Was looking at a possible $5k upgrade as that seems to be the level where you realy get a big improvement these days but my "Champagne taste on a beer budget" attitude towards audio led me to the Metrum.

It has detail, great separation and excellent tone but somehow manages to be very easy to listen to at the same time. For the price I figured I'd take a chance and I'm glad I did...
Audiojedi, I also use the Black Cat SilverStar between my Transporter/Metrum combo...luckily I have a BNC out on my Transporter but the Metrum needs to be modified to change out the RCA for a BNC. It's on my list but I have yet pulled the trigger. If i do it and remember to check back in here, i'll let you know if it is worth it.
I got the Audio DG Digital Interface just for kicks and it made absolutely no difference to the sound over the Octave itself, at least to my ears. The manufacturer was correct, don't waist your money. My Digital Interface is going on the ebay. Bye Bye...
Earlxtr,

Please tell us more about the way you used the Audio DG: Was it SB Touch > coax > Audio DG > coax > Metrum?

Thanks!