cd player or computer with dac

i have put together a system which consists of the dartzeel cht8550 integrated,ascendo system f speakers with the arcam cd17 but i know the cd player is the weak link i shall be grateful if some one could help me decide the source and cables for the same and does a source really make the difference
jasbirnandra
Herman: You stated: "Just an FYI for anybody new to the forums.....

Audioengr and Jtinn both are selling something. I've never dealt with either but it is incomprehensible that someone who is selling a product in this category wouldn't have a biased opinion that favors what they sell.

Both are probably swell fellows but take what they say with a grain of salt.
"

I don't think either Steve or I made it a secret about who we are. I certainly made no mention of my DAC being the only solution or even mentioned my own product.

There is really nothing that anyone needs to be warned about here.

Jtinn,

If I recall correctly at one time your were registered as a private user and posting high praise about things you were selling with no mention of your affiliation. With that in mind I did think a warning was in order. I see now that you changed your status to commercial user. Even so, I see no harm in pointing out your status to those who may be unaware.

Herman: Not true at all. When I was registered as a private user, I was a private user. Not only that, if you look at the earlier post by me I fully disclosed my affiliation as did Steve Nugent.

I guess we can never have enough police, but thanks for protecting everyone from us and our evil ways.