Is it possible to transform the EMM CDSA SE?

2-box and 1-box versions of EMM's CD players -- not the X upgrade or the XDS1 -- have been variously described as "flat" and "2-dimensional" in forum postings. Is it possible to defy these characterizations and elevate the EMM to the world of amazing 3D sound? Let's share our knowledge and experience -- to make EMM a better sonic world.
sabai
I am wondering why my CDSA SE does not seem the least bit flat or 2-dimensional. How many owners think that? My more recent digital gear was the two-box Accustic Arts, Audio Logic DAC, and ARC CD3 - all pretty good and the EMM Labs seems no "flatter" or 2 D. Not saying it is as good as the XD1 series, that would be very surprising if it were - and make EMM look foolish - but flat and 2D? I don't hear it.
If someone on Agon says it is flat is it? If someone on Agon says X is better then Y is it? We need to trust our own ears. Don't worry about what people are saying. There are tons of very satisfied owners of CDSAse's. They just don't hang on the forum all day searching for the new flavor of the month. As far as an all in one CD player I doubt there is much that is better, maybe different. Dealers I trust have not been pushing the higher product if you are happy w. what you have. Just enjoy.
Dgad, I agree with you and I am going to enjoy the CDSA-SE till it breaks one day ( a long time from now I hope) when I'll finally make the move to hard-drive/DAC - by the that time the standards should be settled and better sorted out than they are today.

Cheers!