Audiogon "RECORDINGS TO DIE FOR" list

I've been listening to some of my favorite recordings this weekend and was wondering what others on Audiogon felt were there favorites. We have all seen the Stereophile "Records to Die For", The Absolute Sounds recommended list, Music Directs' list, The Golden Ear, etc. now I'm hoping to assemble the Audiogon "Recordings To Die For". Please list your five favorite recordings, the ones you listen to over and over or play for friends. I would assume the sonic quality is excellent in that this is an audiophile site. The performance and enjoy ability should also be excellent. Please leave your top five, even if they are already chosen so we can discover the very top for the Audiogon listeners. ALSO PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CRITICIZING OTHERS OPINIONS AND JUST LEAVE YOUR FAVORITES!

August 2002: I have compiled a summary and a full printer-friendly list of all of the recommendations below.
click here to view summary
128x128jadem6
I just got thru listening to Whiskeytown's "Strangers Almanac" and would be shocked if anyone doe'snt love this album!Awesome!!
Number 1 with a Bullet !!The Allman Brothers Live at The Fillmore East MFSL Gold.Classic Coltrane in the middle of "Whipping Post" and The Miles Kind of Blue inspired "In Memory of Elizbeth Reed".WOW!Best Live Blues/Rock of ALL TIME !!Wish I had The Nautilus Vinyl Edition.
Hey Audiom2001
Yeah, I plum forgot about that one ( Avalon). What a great record. And along that line. I would pick Brian Ferry's "Boys and Girls". Every cut is a gem and the recording is first rate. I have the vinyl and tried to find the cd one time and no luck. Maybe I didn't try hard enough. Man, for us music lovers, picking our favorites is a tough task, but one I sure don't mind doin'.
Merry Christmas Everyone
Now for 5 favorites that aren't on the list already.
Kind of Blue has to be about tops, but already has been listed by a great many folks.

#1. Barbara Bonney - Fairest Isle. A voice from heaven, Dido's Lament will bring tears to your eyes.

#2. Lunasa - Merry Sisters of Fate. Irish tunes that you never get tired of playing over and over from a band that is really tops

#3. Chet Baker Trio - Someday My Prince Will Come. Out of print now, but a real gem

#4. Mahler Symphony 3 - Take your pick between Bernstein (DG), Rattle (CBSO/EMI), Litton (Delos VR2 sound is really the best sound).

#5. Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto #1 - Van Cliburn (RCA)
He got a ticker tape parade in NYC after winning in Moscow. Will a classical musician ever get that again?

The list could go on forever really................