Best Way To Archive Vinyl On My PC

I have a metric $#%&load of vinyl that I'd like to archive on my PC. The native sound card has to go. I already have the PC-to-stereo big rig connection in place, and it functions. Now, I'd like to stereo-to-PC, so I can play all the vinyl using my good TT, into my PC. It looks like there's a movement afoot to go to PCI E sound cards. My current PC has only PCI sockets, so maybe USB is the way to go. I'm not sure. I'll probably go FLAC, WAV, etc. if I can find the space. Right now, all my tunes are high-bitrate MP3s, or M4As.

Any advice on this?
licoricepizza
I've got a recommendation of a NuForce UDAC 2 from a good friend, but that appears to be the exact opposite of what I need, which is an analog-to=digital converter, not a digital-to-analog converter, which didn't make sense to me.

I read the mentioned thread, and up pops the ASUS Xonar card. I've seen very favorable reviews of it before. Is there any particular model I should steer towards?
Licorice,

What I'm doing does not require an analog to digital converter. I record to the Korg MR2000s, i then transfer the data to my computer via a USB cable. You wouldnt have to do anything to your computer to get the data on there....no cards, etc.

Now then, you will need a digital to analog converter for playback. For your application, simple is better. Depending on your budget, we could all recommend our favorite USB DAC.

Buy a Korg (street price $1500 or so), plug into your Preamp's tape output, record some vinyl, transfer the files. Once the data in on your PC, the Audiogate software included with the Korg will strip out the individual tracks wherever you specify in the format you specify, then you can import into iTunes or your player of choice, enter the song info and you are done.

Then just play it through the dac you choose and you are good to go.
Ghasley

That Korg looks like a pretty neat product. A digital recorder with 120 hrs of storage that can also play back analog! So it has an A/D and D/A in the same package. Cool.
I use a NAD PP3 $200 that has a usb output and a A/D converter and it came with Vinyl Studio Lite software. It has a line in/out so I can use my Whest phono stage. The NAD has good reviews just as a phono stage. The sound quality of the files is quite good. I an just getting used to the software.