Best Way To Archive Vinyl On My PC

I have a metric $#%&load of vinyl that I'd like to archive on my PC. The native sound card has to go. I already have the PC-to-stereo big rig connection in place, and it functions. Now, I'd like to stereo-to-PC, so I can play all the vinyl using my good TT, into my PC. It looks like there's a movement afoot to go to PCI E sound cards. My current PC has only PCI sockets, so maybe USB is the way to go. I'm not sure. I'll probably go FLAC, WAV, etc. if I can find the space. Right now, all my tunes are high-bitrate MP3s, or M4As.

Any advice on this?
licoricepizza
I use a NAD PP3 $200 that has a usb output and a A/D converter and it came with Vinyl Studio Lite software. It has a line in/out so I can use my Whest phono stage. The NAD has good reviews just as a phono stage. The sound quality of the files is quite good. I an just getting used to the software.
I've seen direct to CD TTs before, and I tend to steer clear of them. Maybe it's just me, but the TT/cartridge combo in those appear (at least) to be of dubious quality. My TT is not great, but it's possibly better than those. I'm not sure...

Would an ASUS Xonar DG be a good way to go, temporarily. I'm not interested in Gaming, or X.1 surround. I'm after good 2-channel audio.
I really wish I could help you achieve your goal, but I can't, although I've downloaded my huge 40 year plus vinyl collection quite successfully. My TT is in mothballs. The "only" limiting factor is the computer "interface". My downloaded vinyl sounds better than before to me. The computer is unlimited, disregard whatever you've heard on this forum that say's the computer is the problem.

The reason I can't help you is because I had to rebuild a computer interface in order to get "audiophile" quality to the computer. If someone can recommend an "audiophile" interface for you to down load to PC, you will be in heaven after this is accomplished.
The PC may change, but the music won't, so I am very concerned about the quality of the sound card.

The integrated sound card makes noise even when there is no music going through it! It has to be turned up, but it is there. The headphone amp is particularly dreadful.

If I could yank the thing out, I'd make it better by running it over with my car. Anything would be an improvement.