Best Way To Archive Vinyl On My PC

I have a metric $#%&load of vinyl that I'd like to archive on my PC. The native sound card has to go. I already have the PC-to-stereo big rig connection in place, and it functions. Now, I'd like to stereo-to-PC, so I can play all the vinyl using my good TT, into my PC. It looks like there's a movement afoot to go to PCI E sound cards. My current PC has only PCI sockets, so maybe USB is the way to go. I'm not sure. I'll probably go FLAC, WAV, etc. if I can find the space. Right now, all my tunes are high-bitrate MP3s, or M4As.

Any advice on this?
licoricepizza
I'm hoping to only archive the LPs I don't already have digitally, all the bootlegs, rare gems, etc. Otherwise I'd be well North of 60 before I'm done.
I definitely prefer vinyl, I just hate having to move the entire collection when we move into a different house. I've moved the whole analog empire twice now. I'm sure there will be more to follow.
I must be deaf or I have the best vinyl to PC. I'm listening to digital vinyl that I just down loaded and I can't tell the difference. I don't imagine Ghasley knows it, but that box of his is made up of transistors, diodes, and capacitors; and the bottom line is which box has the best transistors, diodes, and capacitors; not the name on the box. If his box was so good, he wouldn't have to use me for a "straw dog" in order to sell it.
Orpheus, REALLY? REALLY!?!?

Licorice and others who may be interested, simply check with your local pro audio dealer and see if you can demo one and see for yourself. Demoing is the only way and listen in your system. Archiving vinyl does take time so starting the process with a satisfactory recording chain is paramount. I happen to find it enjoyable to record an album a few times a week.

Orpheus has discovered a way to record his vinyl in the following manner, as I understand it:
His turntable connected to his phono stage, then connected to his DAK box (ca $70), then connected to his Soundblaster pc soundcard (ca $100~) recorded real time to his pc hard drive. He plays back through his Music Streamer dac (ca $150). He doesn't mention his associated equipment or cabling, all of which I am sure is excellent, but it would be helpful if it was listed.

I have listed 1 way to record your vinyl, there are others. Any of them are better than nothing but our time is pretty valuable so I was merely looking for a manner that replicated as closely as I could the nuances and special sound qualities that vinyl brings to the table. The Korg is an easy method. Plug it in, connect some interconnects, cue the vinyl, press record. Once you have recorded to the Korg, move the files to your PC hard drive, convert to the sample rate(s) of your choosing from your DSD master and you are good to go.

Another way that is probably better in many areas is to buy a Mac, buy Pure Vinyl, buy a microphone pre amp, buy an analog to digital coverter and record directly from your turntable, bypassing the RIAA equalizer that is built in to your phono stage. The pure vinyl software will accept sample rates up to 24/192 and then the Pure Vinyl software can manipulate the data, automatically records/stops with the needle drop and has sophisticated tick/pop removal algorithms to minimize those artifacts. Pure Vinyl has all of the RIAA eq curves built in and you can choose from the many variations introduced over the past 60 or so years to see which one is best for the particular recording. I chose the Korg because it was inexpensive in audiophle terms and uncomplicated.

I'm not trying to sell anything to anyone as Orpheus implies nor am I trying to convince anyone this is the best way....I am however saying this is the best inexpensive way to record your vinyl at the highest digital resolution currently available, 5.6 mhz DSD. I just wish Orpheus would list his system and the sample rates/recording format so you can evaluate the reproduction chain.

For the record again (I've listed this is another thread, but for context) my current main system is as follows:

Rega P5/Exact 2/TTPSU
VAC Sigma 160i (utilizing inboard phono stage, NOS 12AX7 Mullards)
Playback Designs MPD-3 DAC
KORG MR2000S Digital DSD recorder
Wilson Audio Duettes
Running Springs Jaco power conditioner
Cardas Clear Light speaker cables and interconnects throughout
Cardas Clear M power cables
Locus Design Polestar USB cable to DAC