Who makes a good or decent CD recorder?

Who makes a good or decent CD recorder? I'm interested in making compilation CD’s to listen to on my home CD player. I have searched the web & have only found two CD recorders that are available: the TEAC CD-RW890 & TASCAM recorders which I believe are also made by TEAC. Are there others that I am not aware of? Has anyone used the TEAC CD-RW890 or the TASCAM recorders and if so any comments on either of them would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
hobbyist_and_reader
I have older stand alone ones that were made for home use. They sound good with their built in A/D converters. The home ones need audio/music only type of blank CDs. If you buy a "Pro" type of recorder, it should be able to use regular data CDs. The audio/music blanks are getting harder to find. One drawback, they say that some older players have problems with the audio type of CD, worse yet a lot more don't get along with the ones made on data blanks. Try burning a data CD with music from your computer, and see if your players like them. I had a Meridian (model?) that was picky about this.
I have the predecessor to that TASCAM, a CD-RW700. It uses any kind of CDR blank, has been very reliable over the past 10 years, and produces disks that I cannot tell from the originals. Sometimes I think they sound BETTER than the originals.
SCMS/MEDIA CONTROL
The first few shipments of the CD-RW700 shipped requiring
consumer CD-RDA and CD-RWDA. The original design did not call
for this, it was added at the last minute due to legal considerations
about the CD-R market. All units that shipped after March, 2000
do not require consumer media.
For the older units which required consumer media, the SCMS
code and consumer media requirements have a deep system menu
allowing these settings to be overridden. Since the legal issues
have been resolved, we are releasing the information on how to
reset your machine to use regular media.

The above is from a commercial/pro unit. The SCMS is for home units. This requires the special audio/music blanks. They also call some commercial besides "Pro" usits. A lot of these are re-branded home units, without the SCMS. Link for the SCMS used for home units, switchable on some pro units.[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_Copy_Management_System]
Why not just use a computer? My Imac makes great compilations with AIFF burning.