Music Servers & Sonos. XiVA Music M8, W4S ?

OK
Getting a Sonos.
Majority of my music is on my Apple MacBook & IPhone.
I do not want to use my Laptop as my music server.
I do not just want to use an IPhone dock or anything like that.

I am looking for something that will be easy and idiot proof!
Something where I can add CD's easily and will easily sync with my iTunes.
Something which will work well with Sonos and its interface.

I will also use a DAC and hook up whatever I get to my stereo.

So far I have been most intrigued with the Wyred for Sound Music Server (coming out) and also the Xiva MusicM8.

Does anyone have any suggestions of other systems I look at?

Thanks!
watchtimes
No problem. Just trying to help out. I guess I didnt understand your question. I thought you were considering the Sonos from what your wrote. Btw, you dont need a computer to use sonos. Its connected via wifi to internet for music streaming. If you are looking for a dac be sure to check out the ps audio pwd. I have one in my stereo setup and its crazy good.
Watchtimes,

I'm with you, kind of. I'm just going to wait it out until I find a great server that does it all, doesn't break the bank and can be controlled by something that doesn't need to be recharged all the time. I think its just a matter of time before someone figures out that need and can keep it cheap so we can concentrate on the music and leave our computers out of the equation.

I'm even willing to have a tethered remote of sorts if that's what it takes. Or something that can hook up to a TV or small LCD screen and use its remote.
To the OP you've missed the point, Sonos doesn't need a server it is the server so to speak. What you want is a NAS to store your music on, with a NAS the only time you use a computer is to rip CD's to the NAS. The Sonos plays your music off the NAS, no computer needs to be on. Also you can control the Sonos with either their dedicated remote or a iDevice or an Android device. I think it would be helpful to you to if you visited the Sonos web site and read up on how the Sonos system actually works.
I am aware of exactly how Sonos works.

My posts says I am getting Sonos thats not the ?

As I said I want a host to hold my music not my computer.

I do not understand what is so hard to get about that.

My post clearly says I am getting a Sonos, I am looking for a server/host to store my music as I do not want to use my computer

My post also clearly says I will hook up whatever host/server I use to my stereo as well.
I'm sorry maybe I wasn't clear.. What you want to hold your music, or as you call it a "Server/host" is a NAS (Network Attached Storage) this is a hard drive that attaches to your router.

The NAS does not "hook up" to your stereo. The only unit that would connect to your system will be a Sonos zone player (now called a Connect, it used to be called a ZP90) there is nothing else that would, unless you plan on using a Dac in-between the Zone Player and your stereo to improve the sound quality, but that's not necessary and isn't a part of a Sonos system but rather an add on. You will also need a Bridge if the Zone Player will not be in the same room as your Router and Stereo. The Sonos will access your music files from the NAS via the ZP90 and play them as you want, with no computer needed past the initial setup and to rip cd's to the NAS.

I'm not try to be rude (as you were) but obviously you should read up on HOW a Sonos system can be designed and implemented because you are most assuredly not "Aware of exactly how a Sonos works" because if you were you'd be asking: "What NAS should I buy ?" not going on about hosts and servers..

BTW I've been using Sonos for better than 5 years and I've installed many many systems so I DO know what I'm talking about...good luck.