Is the Squeezebox Touch complicated?

Most of the erudite and precise contributions to this forum concerning the Logitech Squeezebox have made me think I should just go right out and buy one. Over at the forum on Logitech's own website the users complain of one malfunction after another: sound drop-out, unplayable files, album cover mix-up, firmware updates that seem to cause more trouble than solve problems, and many more. Comments?
swissguy
Mlsstl - Who spent "big bucks"? The SBT and the Vortexbox 1TB model, plus a back up drive, all came in at well under $800, delivered. Off-the-charts bang for the buck, IMHO. Soon, I will upgrade the digital cable from the SBT to my DAC. It only gets better!
Mlsstl - Who spent "big bucks"?
Bondmanp, reread my prior post - wasn't referring to you on that point.
I've had a few problems with my Squeezebox Touch, but for me they've been nothing more than annoyances. I have mine pulling files off of a Synology NAS. My biggest annoyance is when the Touch decides that it doesn't want to see the files on the NAS or it just stops responding requiring a reset. Lately, it won't play files that I bought on iTunes, although it used to. The remote control software for it (Apple and Droid) is also a bit buggy. What I do like about the Touch is the ability to play hi def files and being able to control it with my Harmony remote.

Still, when I'm having a party or something and want trouble free running, I use my Sonos. The Sonos is more refined and does sound pretty darned good. It's also easier to use overall.

Honestly, if I had it to do all over again, I would probably just stick with the Sonos. I've never had to reset it. It just does what it's supposed to do all of the time. It sounds good and the software is rock solid.

At this point, I just keep the Touch because it was so cheap that getting rid of it just isn't worth the trouble.

The Touch isn't bad, it just has its quirks.
Is it worth the upgrade to a Squeezebox Touch from a Squeezebox Classic 3 if it is being used with a W4S Dac 2? How much higher resolution is possible and does it sound better with "normal" resolution from a ripped Cd? I'm just wondering if this is worth doing.

Thanks as always for your thoughts.
I wonder if anybody tried aftermarket power supply and what their impressions were?