Best Sounding CD / SACD player under 15K

My budget is 15K for a new or preowned CD/SACD player.

Not happy with the McIntosh MCD-500 player. My vintage Denon CD player out performs it. I was very disappointed in the McIntosh MCD500 player. I had the McIntosh MC601 amps and they were disappointing too. No more McIntosh gear for me.

I am on the market now and would like to keep under 15K for a new or preowned CD player. Also no multi format players .

Thanks for any suggestions.
joefama
Hi Milpai,

I have heard the Esoteric K-05 but not in my own system - so it is not possible to arrive at any meaningful comparison. From what I heard (at an audio show) the K-05 seemed competent but of course I was listening to it as part of an unfamiliar system.

The K-05 does usefully sport a 192 kHz/24-bit asynchronous DAC via USB.
Joefama - what is your beef with Mac brand? I've been kicking around idea of MC601s with either a C500 or C1000 pre. They're within my price point but it's the great customer service that Mac offers that is pushing me in that direction. Maybe I'm snake bit since I was using Rowland amps and pre and essentially there is NO customer service, with Jeff Rowland wearing all the hats and being stretched very thin.
EMMLabs CDSA-SE
Very interesting unit, right from Tone, excellent Soundstage and it doesn't make you cry while listening. I bought it.
Cary 306 Pro sounds excellent. Versatile, well built, playback of CD/HDCD/SACD and works well as DAC.
Chesebert...just wondering if you heard the Ayre with balanced connections, do you remember the cables and if it sat on a resonance gizmo - Ayre/Cardas blocks, etc. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but your comment is a head scratcher to me.