Best Sounding CD / SACD player under 15K

My budget is 15K for a new or preowned CD/SACD player.

Not happy with the McIntosh MCD-500 player. My vintage Denon CD player out performs it. I was very disappointed in the McIntosh MCD500 player. I had the McIntosh MC601 amps and they were disappointing too. No more McIntosh gear for me.

I am on the market now and would like to keep under 15K for a new or preowned CD player. Also no multi format players .

Thanks for any suggestions.
joefama
They could have also had the C5xe in measure instead of listen. As the Orpheus and EMM are both much more costly I could see a dealer trying to give the more expensive gear an edge. I have seen similar things done to Maggie's at a few different dealers.
03-24-13: Syntax
EMMLabs CDSA-SE
Very interesting unit, right from Tone, excellent Soundstage and it doesn't make you cry while listening. I bought it.
A very impressive cd player indeed Syntax! Emm are not warm & sweet sounding like Ayon however, so for my taste I would want to be running warm amps & cables with a player like the CDSA-SE. That said, I think it would be worth building a system around that player..
I had an audio aero capitole se mk ii , an mbl 1621 plus dac, , Abington research, now have tried and kept audio horizon reference dac, with an esound e5 platinum ref cdp turned into transport only all modified with new caps ,and bybee music rails hooked to a battery powered supply, findings as follows , very very. Very low noise floor, weight in bottom ,tight strong ,forceful, timber on instruments ie acoustic guitar very scary ,harmonic textures likemthis never heard liquid musicality like this on other transports or cdp
Rok2id - Yes indeed such exist.

I use computer audio exclusively myself but the best actual player I have heard is a Playback Designs MPS-5. I also own the MPD-3 and IMHO it is very close to the MPS-5 - certainly not the price difference better. I would get the MPS-3 and put the difference towards getting better speakers.

Thanks
Bill