Crisp sounding tubes for Modwright 5400ES

I recently upgraded from a Modwright 9100ES to a Modwright 5400ES. While there were improvements, the richer mid-range and more powerful bottom end of the 5400ES tipped my previously balanced sounding system into one sounding a bit overly polite with a lack if crispness in the top end.
Can anyone advise me on what tubes (output & rectifier) and power cables to chose so as to brighten the top-end.
Grateful for your advise.
solentgreen
Dminches, Too much body, warmth ... I'm using BT CV181-Z and TS 5U4GB in my MW Transporter. There's no right or wrong but just my preference.

2 TS already died so looking for alternatives. I still have 2 more and so far enjoying the JJ GZ34.
Knghifi, I had Dan reduce the voltage being delivered to the 5U4G. People had noticed that their EMLs were dying prematurely. This may be what's happening to your TS rectifiers.
Dminches, You'll probably right.

Dan is investigating installing Bybee rails and Audio Magic pulse gen zx in the Transporter so I will have him lower the voltgage when in the shop. Meanwhile I'll just use the JJ GZ34. After 24 hours of use, the only difference is JJ has a little bit more body than TS which is not bad.
Jwm,

I was amazed at the difference as well! This tube alone will make an average 6SN7 sound splendid...
If you're still using Mullards in your power supply, you're missing crucial detail like vibrating cello, violin or guitar plucks, deeper/wider soundstage, longer decays and the overall satisfaction of almost being at a live performance.

I have over 500+ hours of constant use and I will say without hesitation the Create/Synergy 5AR4 are better the my 1960's Mullards.