CD upgrade.

Hi. Ive been searching the net for ideas, but i could do with some pointers. Im looking to upgrade my Consonance droplet cd player. This is a very large and heavy valve player which i like, but have had for some time now and feel an upgrade is in order. I want something that will better it, ideally valve but that is not essential. im looking to spend 3k ( british pounds) and would consider something pre owned too. Is that a bad idea, given that cd players have moving parts? the droplet retails at just over three. anyone think this would be a side ways move? ive seen a gamut cd3 ( ex dem, not heard it) for around 3k. Anyone have any experience with these players. Thank you kindly.
james123
Audiofreak,

L&M is a top notch dealer. Sounds like you got a good deal considering they did the set up. Enjoy!
Hi all, thanks for all the useful information. I very much appreaciate all the pointers and have been investigating options suggested.
Anyone able to recommend cd players with digital input that i could investigate further? Ive been considering the Gamut cd3, but it appears that player does not have input. During my research , i came accross a product by a Korean company- Stello-. It has good reviews but it seems reviews are rarely bad for any product. the player i came accross has digital input so can be used with a laptop and has good build quality ( according to review i read). Anyone have anything to say about stollo cd players? Sorry for all the enquiries and appreciate the responses. Thank you kindly.
I thought my Raysonic tube CD player was one of the best out there for the money...
Audiofreak32. which model is that, please. is that the cd 22, the one with a separate power supply? Thank you.
No, I had the older CD-128 I think it was. Now, they have the CD-168. I paid under $2k for my CD-128 new, w/ warranty. Excellent player for the money.