Audiophilleo vs Empirical audio offramp

I currently have a metrum octave DAC being fed by an Audiophilleo 2 converter. I've been thinking of replacing it with an Offramp 4 or 5, but am not sure if it is worth it. Has anyone compared these two directly (doesn't necessarily have to be with a metrum DAC)? Most say that the offramp is slightly better, but does this increase in performance make it worth 3x the price (since you will also need to buy a SPDIF cable for the offramp). Let me know what you think.
linaeum66
You might have seen my other post over at the PC Forum, but in case you haven't: it might be worth connecting with member Elberoth over at computer audiophile.com for his view. His reference is a DCS Scarlatti, and he also has a Metrum Octave which he tried with both the OR5 and AP2 with Pure Power. He also tried an M2Tech full Evo stack.

Cheers
+1 Elberoth. He simply has too much time and money. He clearly enjoys judging components on his own terms, on a great system in a well thought out room. I value his assessments greatly.
I've compared the AP2 and the old Off Ramp 3 with a BPT power supply. No contest, the Off Ramp 3 was the clear winner. And the Off Ramp 4 and 5 are supposed to be marked improvements over the Off Ramp 3.

Having said that, when I owned the AP2, there was no battery option. Probably worth trying.
I found a single thread on computer audiophile from elberoth, I guess that is the one you were talking about, he says that he prefers the AP over all others he's tested, including the Offramp. Most people disagree with this though. Anyone else?
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=101877.msg1031321#msg1031321

Steve N.
Empirical Audio