The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Several people mentioned Alan Hill's Plasmatronic speakers. I had the privilege of hearing them in Alan's home in Albuquerque. The treble is indeed excellent, but the paper cone bass drivers were only adequate. Even the new Martin Logan Vantage has a better integrated bass, and Revel has an excellent response match across the spectrum. Of course, none of those speakers existed thirty years ago when Alan first made his Plasmatronics! Those were the best of their era, and if Alan ever turns his attention to making a full-range Plasmatronic (which he assures me he could do), it might be the best speaker ever. The only reason for saying "might" is price and electrode life in air. He would need quite a development budget to get rid of the helium tanks!
The best speakers I have heard are Impulse H1 horn loaded.
They play anything and everything and makes Cd's/LP's that one thought of as mere lesser sound quality sound truly wonderful. Of course pucker recordings sound incredible. Music to my ears.
IMHO, the Sonus Faber Guarneri Hommage in my system with the Rowland 8( choke power supply) and the CAT signature is the best sound I have heard from a speaker. While some larger models like the Maxx 2 and Vandy 5A will go lower in the bass, their intimacy on vocals, small ensemble and acoustic instruments is not even close. ( at least in the pairs I have heard) again IMHO.