The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
There is no such thing as a bad recording.

Oy vey. The BETTER my system gets, the more recordings I'm discovering as bad.
Hey Rockadanny,
I would suggest sire that you substitute the word 'better' for the word 'worse' if your cd's/lps are not sounding as they should. I still stick by what I say that 'there is no such thing as a bad recording', obviously there are mediocre/lesser engineered recordings, of which I have a wonderful cd of Albert Ammons/Pete Johnson duets circa 1940?, comparing it to The utterly brilliant 'Wall' by Pink Floyd 1980? would be foolhardy. Both are extremely listenable, and no way would I say the 'boogie boys' cd was bad. All a hi-fi system has to do is give your ears a treat, EVERYTIME you turn it on and be musical with ANY CD/LP your heart desires. There is no such thing either as a 'perfect' system coz no matter how hard you try you are never gonna compete with the Boston Symphony Orchestra or AC/DC in your living room!!!. Everything hi-fi system is a compromise, some are more of a compromise than others.
Ps-being more expensive (or outrageous) doesn't equal quality either.
Happy listening................
Wilson Audio Watt/Puppy. Doesn't matter which version. In a word "AWESOME" !!!!
Wilson Audio Watt/Puppy. Doesn't matter which version. In a word "AWESOME" !!!!

The speaker that surprised me the most was Totem Model 1 and model 1 Signatures. I was convinced they were bigger than they actually appear. Very dynamic too!!!