Good Cowboy Junkies "Trinity Sessions"?

I just listened to a new CJ Trin Sessions (RCA 8568-1-R). What a HUGE dissappointment compared to the Gold CD. I could tell this thing sucked from the first 5 seconds where I could barely hear the the ventilaton system running in the background in the church.

Is there an LP pressing of this album worth getting, i.e. better than the CD?
metaphysics
The noise on the first song just sounds like a wide angle mike to me, which should be prevailent on any copy unless it has been filtered out of the mix. I am not familiar with any Gold CD's are we talking MFSL?
The Gold disk was from Classic Records. It is no longer avalible so that's to bad. I had this disk, it was stolen along with my portable cd player from my sons car. What was he doing with my gold Cowboy Junkies you ask? Good question, but not the right one to ask after 20 plus disks and a stereo are stolen and the car completely trashed.
***I learned this from experience***
DO NOT LOOK ON EBAY UNTILL I SAY YOU CAN. I MISSED THE LAST COPY UP ABOUT A MONTH AGO.
To be clear, I have no complaints with the sound (or "noise")of the Classic Gold CD. I just found the standard issue RCA LP (VINYL) to not even be close in sound quality. SDCampbell and John_I, on what label are your LPs?

AlexC, now you're talkin'. I didn't know Classic put out an LP of this recording. That's what I want!

I think that it is all in the mixing and that Classic did it right on the Gold CD that I have and it would probably sound even better on the Classic LP. I think my disappointment with the LP (and others on the Aluminum CD) stems from the RCA mix/pressing.

Please give me a heads up if you put a classic CJ-TS up for auction.
Dear Metaphysics,

I'll give you $30. for your Classic Gold CD of Cowboy Junkies "The Trinity Session"-- and pay shipping!

Love, Craig
Whoa, Craig, I hardly know ya. I know we A-philes are a tight group, but LOVE??? Between this and the "How much does your system cost?" thread my wife would leave me if she ever signed on here.

I'm going to keep my Classic Gold CD unless someone wants to trade a MINT Classic LP.