VPI Record Cleaner

I have a chance to purchase an older VIP H.W. 16-5 record cleaner. It looks clean on the outside, and seems to work
well. My problem is the guy wants 250 dollars and will not
deal at all, he's getting out of Analog and swears it's worth every dime.
I do know that this machine does NOT have a catch basin - there no way to pull out anything from anyplace on this machine. How old is this thing anyway?

Thanks..
klhender
To Chazzbo,
I have heard that in the past the Kodak photoflow material can be harmful to vinyl.
Chazzbo. Both the alcohol and photo fluid can be VERY harmful to vinyl. Dtergent is good for really dirty records, but for daily cleaning, water with a special surfactatnt is all you should use. The beauty of vinyl is that very few things really bond to vinyl so it cleans very easily.
Guys - I picked it up after work today. The darn thing is in great shape, guy took good care of it and had the box and even the original invoice (8/3/92 - $395.00), everything.

Thanks Chazzbo for the DIY recipie, anyone else using a different brew you might care to share? I assume one can purchase "Alachohol" ...at a drugstore or hardware store??

Klhender
Klhender, just be sure to use pure isopropyl alcohol (typically shown as 91% - the balance being water) and NOT "rubbing" alcohol. I've used a formula very similar to the one Chazzbo just gave you for 12+ years now with my VPI cleaner on hundreds of records with no indicaton of any problems. The 91% isopropyl alcohol is readily available in many drug stores. Enjoy your new record cleaner!
Audioguy/others
Hmmm.Just wondering if 2-3 drops (!!!) in a Gla. of water is enough to be harmful.If anybody has another surficant other than dish liquid without dye let me know.BTW I told the owner of LAST the rercipie and he said it would be cool.