Micro Seiki RX-1500,3000,5000,8000 good or bad turntable?

Any opinions on these heavy-weight, expensive, exotic, rare Micro Seiki turntables? Are they really that good or they suck!!!!!!!! Any Micro Seiki users out there? Please share your opinion or thought or even experiences regarding these exotic turntables.....
edle
Hi Edle,
I'm a Micro owner and have been for about 12 years now. I started out with the 1500. At that time it smoked the SOTA, VPI and another popular table of the day that I can't recall the name. It really was in another league in every parameter. I then purchased an 8000 and it again took it to another level. I haven't raced it against the big boys today (Souther,Basis, Walker) but I would be willing to bet it would hold its own. The things are built like tanks and I have never had a problem, my old 1500 resides in a friends system and he's also never had a problem. As far as value you should be able to pick up a 1500 for about $1500.00. I really don't think you could do much better for the price. The price they want retail is insane. Good luck.
I own a DQX-500,not to many of those made.It,s not perfect but it,s drop dead quiet,gets goodlow bass, and distant spacial cues correct.Turn off the lights and the walls dissappear.All though I can,t find any parts for it anymore. It will be retiered to the attic soon.
I own a 1500 with vacuum platter and air bearing that I really love. I also have a Linn Sondek, Technics SP-10 MKII
and III, Rega Planer 3, Teac Tn-400, Denon DP-60 and a few
more. I prefer the Micro and the Technics SP-10MKIII to the others With the MKII running close behind.
The Micros from 1500 and up… are they any good? According to the American audio propaganda, which spent a lot of efforts to hide those tables for American consumer, they are just a “obscured” and “nothing special”. However, I would suggest you to find one Micro’s TT and learn why many of the audio lobbyist were so scared to let the Micros to move into the US market… or at least you will see the source of the numerous imitations. Yes, some Micro tables, arms and methodologies still are among the best and probably/unfortunately will be.

Regards
Romy the Cat