About Lugnut -- Patrick Malone

Many of us have come to know Patrick Malone (Lugnut) as a friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and kind individual. He is a frequent and enthusiastic contributor to our analog discussion forum. He has initiated only 17 threads, but responded to 559 threads. I would guess that many, if not most, of us can recall a time when Pat replied with helpful advice to a question we posted or helped us track down a rare recording. I have come to love Pat as a friend, and to respect him as a man, and I suspect many of you share those feelings.

Today I write to share difficult news with you. Pat has been diagnosed with an aggressive stomach cancer. It has yet to be determined whether surgery will even be worth it. If surgery is performed, most or all of the stomach will be removed, and Pat would face a difficult and long post-op period in the hospital. The medical course is still uncertain, but will be determined soon. Whatever is decided, it will not be easy or pleasant.

Something may be planned in the future to assist the family. For now, Pat could use some of the friendship he so often and willingly showed us. You can email Pat at: lugnut50@msn.com. You can also mail cards, letters ... or whatever. You may email me for Pat's mailing address. My email is: pfrumkin1@comcast.net.

I hope to spend a few days with Pat in Idaho or Nebraska (from which he hails) soon. Between this news, my legal work, getting ready for family arriving for the holidays, Audio Intelligent, and trying to make plans to visit Pat, my head is spinning. If you email me and I don't respond, please understand that I am not ignoring you, but rather simply do not have time to reply.

Pat may or may not have time to respond to posts here, to emails, or to cards mailed to him. But he has asked me to convey to each and every one of you that he has cherished your friendship, your comradery, and sharing our common hobby on this great website.

As we prepare for our holiday season celebrations, and look forward to -- as we should -- enjoying this time of year, I ask that you keep Pat and his family in mind ... and softly offer up, in quiet moments in the still of night and early morning, prayers for Pat and his family. God bless.

Warmest regards to all,
Paul Frumkin
paul_frumkin
11/6/05
Pat and Barb,
I have just finished skimming through these threads or this thread (I'm not totally familiar with the jargon yet, though it should be easier than Jim Rome in the jungle), and I can hardly believe my eyes. Pat, when you told me that there was a "book" here, I could in no way possibly conceive of what you meant!And not knowing you except for our few exchanges of sincere love for the Lord, I felt priveliged that you accepted my solicitation to come visit yesterday. I knew right away after talking with Barb that there was a definite reason that prompted me to call you after simply seeing your card in my daytimer. I had no knowledge previously that you were under attack. But when I left you and Barb and Amanda (light of my life) yesterday I felt that i had just become a true member of a new family that seemed as though i had been a member of forever.
Through your and Barb's hardship of having to deal with the enemy, i feel as though i am being strengthened for the road ahead; God has a way of doing that! And i just want to take the time to praise God for bringing us together for however much time we have left here on earth (though i know that we'll be together again at the Big Banquet in our Abba's, Father's, Brother's, Friend's mansion, whenever that may be). I hope to see you again tomorrow; i would love to write your book. i would like to contact all of these other audiophools who have come to know and love you! And as a result of reading some of their threads in this ongoing dialogue, i would like to get to know them better as well. So what do i have to do to join the rest of your family? i would love to become a member, if for no other reason than to be joined with people of a "nondenominational" like heart such as theirs (it does seem to be one heart).
And what can I say about your wife!? What a warm, caring, and strong individual she must be! We shared some tears at the door when i was leaving but praise God; the apple doesn't fall far from the tree (though I'm not sure which one of you is which).
Until tomorrow,
jake
I've been following this thread since its inception though have I've not posted since I really can't think of anything to say that has not already been said. I will say this though; this is one of the most touching threads I've ever read anywhere on the web.

May God continue you bless you both Pat and Barb. I know we have been blessed by your presence here.

Prayers and thoughts throughout the day.

The love of mankind is all around us now. The hug from the flower delivery gal, dinner delivered by the neighbors, cards of blessings in the mail, phone calls with prayers, and of course this ongoing thread of friendship!

Pat is very weak, his eyelids are heavy, his breathing is deep, but he never forgets to thank me with that gentle grin. He enjoys our conversation with laughter around him and still states his opinion with only one or two soft words. He is still attending to every little detail around him and he expects his nurse to tell him a joke at each visit. Now we are surrounded by the love of God. Keep looking up. Barb

John 14:2-3
Barb,

Though many of us have gone through similar tragedies we can't know what this feels like to you or yours.
One thing we can do is Listen. In many ways I think just listening, really listening, to someone is one of the greatest expressions of friendship. We are here to listen for as long as you need us.
Pat & Barb my apologies as I have been without email access since Nov. 2nd as we have moved and this is the first opportunity to revisit the thread as phone & DSL was just installed again today. However prayers for you continued without interruption and will continue to do so.

God Bless you both.