Experiences with SlimDevices Squeezebox.

I've been using this to stream AIFF and WAV files into my 2 channel system with excellent results. Is anybody else using one of these?
hbrandt
lol - i often do the same in front of the stereo i must admit - usually buying something on a'gon
Guys, I'm happy to know that you're happy with the Squeezebox, and sometimes I'm going to tty it. I just wondering (and I really want to understand) how is it possible to have perfect quality product in this price range, and why, if so, don't we have most DACs there?
Dmitrydr:

While I'm happy with the Squeezebox which has the advantage of being wireless....I'm actually a LOT more happy with the ESI Waveterminal U24.

harry
All right, Harry, the same question goes for U24: it's still $250... I'm not trying to tell that quality is always pro rata to a price, but the price gap between more-less seriuos DAC and these devices is surprisingly big, and usually it doesn't happen with no reason...
Dmitrydr:

Agree with you on this. Not always, but often the quality of internal components correlates with price. By the way, I'm not using the internal dac in ANY of thes units. I'm simply running USB in and digital out. The digital signal then hits a Genesis Lens, Apogee Big Ben, TacT RCS 2.0s, another Big Ben, dCS Purcell, dCS Delius and then off to the rest of my system.

Harry