Choice Rega P5 or VPI Scout?

I am just getting back into vinyl after many years and want to do this right. Currently have mcintosh (non tube) electronics, BW 802N speakers. Desire quality table, tonearm, cartridge combo that compliments them. Audio dealers have recommended either of the two listed. Need the real deal....which way to go. Looking for your input.
Thanks for your help!
jturnock8603
As a Rega P25 owner and a VPI Scoutmaster hopeful. I can only suggest the VPI. Ther are better options for upgrading. The Rega is a good TT but the mindset of Rega is "our way is the only way". The lack of a dedicated ground wire, lack of RCA connections that force you into the cables that come with it, the new TT mount on the Rega P5/P7 I find undesireable. The VPI uses a isolated moter rather than plinth mounted and is upgradeable. The tonearm is upgradable. I guess the list grows. My personnal plans when budget permits is sell the P25 and buy a Scoutmaster.
Depends on your musical tastes and if you are a tweaker/upgrader. I've always liked Rega better than VPI, but VPI makes a nice table. I'm not a tweaker and I just want to listen to listen to music with a simple, reliable, turn key machine. Both actually fit the bill, but If I owned a VPI, I'd constantly be tempted by upgrades and I don't want that. I used to think upgrading/modding gear was a great thing, but now my philosophy is just buy the best you can afford and upgrade when you can make a significant change (i.e., not tweaks/mods, but a full table change, etc.). I listen to mostly rock music, but also some classical and jazz. The Rega absolutely sizzles on rock.
I have owned and heard many, many TT's over the past 40 years. In my opinion, the VPI Scoutmaster is one of the finest TT's ever made that audiophiles with "normal" budgets can actually afford. The $3000 full-price package includes a great TT/tonearm combo, plus the excellent peripheral ring clamp. At this price point, there is virtually no competion, including the Rega tables. The only other TT that I would consider in this general price range is the Nottingham SpaceDeck.
I'm also considering the Scout, but I am comparing it to the MusicHall MMF-9. I hear the MMF-9 is a great table with terrific bottom end, and low noise floor, much like the Scout, but does the three layer plinth make any difference? It looks more substantial. Also, I am worried about VPI's unusual take on the whole anti-skating adjustment. And do you run into problems with unipivot arms and azimuth? I mean, is it possible to have a record cause it to rock side-to-side? Does EVERYBODY have trouble with the MMF-9's arm lift? Or only reviewers? Should I forget about both and reconsider Rega? I just think the Rega's motor is not very substantial, and I heard that all Regas run fast.