Choice Rega P5 or VPI Scout?

I am just getting back into vinyl after many years and want to do this right. Currently have mcintosh (non tube) electronics, BW 802N speakers. Desire quality table, tonearm, cartridge combo that compliments them. Audio dealers have recommended either of the two listed. Need the real deal....which way to go. Looking for your input.
Thanks for your help!
jturnock8603
I have owned and heard many, many TT's over the past 40 years. In my opinion, the VPI Scoutmaster is one of the finest TT's ever made that audiophiles with "normal" budgets can actually afford. The $3000 full-price package includes a great TT/tonearm combo, plus the excellent peripheral ring clamp. At this price point, there is virtually no competion, including the Rega tables. The only other TT that I would consider in this general price range is the Nottingham SpaceDeck.
I'm also considering the Scout, but I am comparing it to the MusicHall MMF-9. I hear the MMF-9 is a great table with terrific bottom end, and low noise floor, much like the Scout, but does the three layer plinth make any difference? It looks more substantial. Also, I am worried about VPI's unusual take on the whole anti-skating adjustment. And do you run into problems with unipivot arms and azimuth? I mean, is it possible to have a record cause it to rock side-to-side? Does EVERYBODY have trouble with the MMF-9's arm lift? Or only reviewers? Should I forget about both and reconsider Rega? I just think the Rega's motor is not very substantial, and I heard that all Regas run fast.
The Rega P5 does not run fast. Listen to it w/ the power supply upgrade and in IMHO takes it to another level. This table you just set -up and let it rip. There is no wondering about the next upgrade after upgrade just settle back and enjoy.
The VPI Scout is a very nice table also very tweakable but where dose it end on the upgrade. I agree w/ Mcrespo70.
I have listen to the Scout but I like the rhythem, pace and drive of the P5 and Dynavector 10x5 combo.
Aw, come on, Alex! You can't just say "Neither"! If you're gonna shoot down his choices, isn't it only fair to offer him some other choices?

I've heard Rega, Music Hall, and VPI turntables. They are all excellent, but VPI is in another league, IMHO. If you can afford the ScoutMaster, you will have a hard time beating its performance without spending an additional 3-4 grand. The Music Hall MMF-7 is also a very good turntable and hard to beat at its price point. I think the MMF-9 is at a price point where you begin to have better options elsewhere. Rega tables are all excellent performers and good value for the money.

You will have a very good table, whichever you decide.